A couple of weeks ago, we walked the courthouse steps for an adoption hearing in order to obtain a certificate of foreign birth for Mina. This is an official document in English with her American name. It's the closest thing to a birth certificate, which will be important for things like starting school and when she needs to get a driver's license one day.
The Magistrate who was assigned to our case has a niece who was also adopted from Mina's province! We even stayed at the same hotel in Nanchang. Such a small world.
We celebrated the day with a PF Chang's lunch.
And we all thought this fortune was perfect in describing our little dumpling. :)
Mina is such an amazing blessing.
Pure sweetness, joy, and preciousness.
Thing 2:
I have a true passion for all things Caesar Salad.
And this is basically my love language on a slider bun.
So easy. So delicious.
You can eat this warm or the next day after it's spent the evening in the fridge.
I've even put it on a bed of romaine lettuce and drizzled it with more Caesar dressing.
I'm telling you all -- I am obsessed.
Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup to 1 cup Caesar Dressing (I use a full cup, and my favorite is Mazretti's Supreme Caesar)
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley or 2 teaspoons of dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1 can chicken broth (I've used 1-2 cups of water and it's been fine)
Shredded romaine lettuce
Buns or sliders (which ever you prefer)
1. Put chicken and broth (or water) in crockpot and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
2. Remove chicken and drain all liquid. Shred the chicken.
3. Place the chicken back into the slow cooker and pour the dressing, parmesan cheese, parsley, and pepper over the top. Stir until chicken is coated well.
4. Cook for another 30 minutes or until heated through. Spoon mixture into buns and top with romaine lettuce and extra parmesan cheese if desired.
Thing 3:
Life is so funny sometimes.
It takes turns you never saw coming.
Like getting an email from an old college acquaintance asking if I'd be interested in teaming up with her party company / website. I would be posting just once or twice a month on the We Heart Parties blog -- things I've done with my munchkins like an afternoon craft, a holiday gift idea, or even featuring parties I throw for my friends and family. Basically just posting about everyday life stuff that falls under crafts / parties.
I said yes, by the way.
Gulp.
I won't really be diving into this venture until around August, when life has settled down a bit for me.
Right now I'm pretty consumed with packing and organizing our move to Kentucky, which is less than 4 weeks away!




All good things! I'm looking forward to seeing your party contributions. You have a gift, girl!
ReplyDeleteFYI - Also, birth certificates are important when she gets a job. Many companies have to verify US Citizenship and the birth certificate is a proof of identification... :)
ReplyDeleteThing #1 - can I just say, "WOW"!! First of all, that courthouse is beeeeau-ti-ful! Secondly, what a poignant photo. Brings tears to my eyes. Mina is just too precious. I'm telling you, I AM COMING to KY one day to meet that little princess! Thing #2 - I. Love. Caesar. Salad. (and chicken!). So, I will be trying this for sure!! Thing #3 - well, it's about time! I knew something like this was coming for you! I cannot wait to see what you share. Please give us the link to the blog/website so we can check you out! Girl, there is so much going on in your life right now and you're moving back home to boot! I'll keep all of you in my prayers and I am so looking forward to "seeing" your new place ;)
ReplyDeleteHugs from the Ham.............
1) Yipee!!! Doing a happy dance over here.
ReplyDelete2) Yum.
3) Told ya. And you'll be awesome at it!