I can still remember that day two years ago in the hotel lobby in Nanchang, China.
Waiting for her to arrive after the long 5+ hour drive with the orphanage director and two nannies.
That palpable excitement and nervousness of meeting our daughter for the very first time.
And then there she was.
More precious than I imagined.
Overwhelmed by the love that filled my heart.
She cried, screamed, arched her back, and tried everything she could to bust out of my arms after one of the nannies handed her to me.
When we took her back to our room, and she began to realize I wasn't going to let her out of my arms, she locked eyes with me. It was a mix of searching for answers and grasping for understanding of who I was. I remember at that moment praying with tears running down my cheeks and nose, "Jesus, let her see You." From that moment on, she never once tried to escape from my arms. In fact, it was the place she preferred to be.
And, two years later, it still is.
Praise God.
What a joy and blessing it is to be her Mama.
What a joy and blessing it is to be her Mama.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.