Saturday, September 22, 2012

Aubrey's Cinderella Gymnastics Party!

Last year Aubrey wanted a robot party at the Science Museum.
No wavering or second-guessing...robots and the Science Museum were her life.
It fit her perfectly, and she loved every second of it.

This year I really couldn't think of what "thing" best described Aubrey.
So, I asked her...What kind of birthday party do you want to have this year?

Well, she was all over the place...
(which made me feel better for not knowing what seems to sum her up these days.)


Let's have a strawberry picnic party at the park!
No, wait...maybe a sea lion party at the zoo?
No, no...make that a giraffe party at the zoo.
Or, well, maybe a camp-out party at Martin Nature Center?
Or an ice cream party at the ice cream shop (frozen yogurt)?
Finally, while we were in Kentucky, a mere 4 weeks until her birthday, I said:
Okay, Aubrey. This is it -- what kind of party do you want? No more changing your mind.
The next thing you say will be FINAL.

A Cinderella Gymnastics party!
Yeah, yeah...a Cinderella gymnastics party! That's what I want! It'll be perrrrrfect!

So, what's this party look like?
Pink and blue!
Pink and blue?
Yes, pink and blue. Cinderella's first dress was pink, but then Anastasia and Drizzella ripped it to shreds right before the ball! Then the fairy godmother made her a beautiful sparkly dress, so....I guess we need silver sparkly colors too!
Okay. Pink, blue, silver sparkly. Cinderella + gymnastics. Got it.
Oh, and lots and lots of treats!!!
Naturally.
Cinderella loooooves treats.
Of course. What princess doesn't?!

So I booked her party at the gymnastics studio where she takes dance/gymnastics lessons and ordered  invitations.


Luckily, since we were so late in deciding on her party, the birthday princess didn't have to wait too long in anticipation for the main event.

That's not to say she wasn't really excited when the day of the party finally arrived!


In fact, she was out-of-her-mind excited!

(Tutu party dress from Dimples and Dandelions)
I had been working on all the party details in our guest bedroom to keep it a surprise for the birthday girl. She saw me working on bits and pieces during the few weeks leading up to the party, but she hadn't seen it all together until the evening of the party...
 
  

The princess crown (from the Target dollar bins) was her favorite thing, and she gasped in pure delight when I told her she could wear it during the singing of "Happy Birthday".

I made sure to have plenty of treats: Lollipops, Bibbity Bobbity Bon Bon Wands, Princess Punch, Anastasia's Jewelry, Pink Drizzella'ed Popcorn, Sweet Slippers, shimmering cookies, True Love's Kisses, and more!
 
 

At Aubrey's place-setting, I had this poem by Anna Johnson. I absolutely love it and pray that Aubrey realizes what a true princess she really is.
After the kids flipped, tumbled, jumped, swung, and played in "Tumbletown"...

It was time to take a quick break, and let them refuel with some Fairytale Fruit (fruit salad), Golden Nuggets (Chick-fil-a), and some refreshing Wishing Well Water. :)
I had a kids table set up for the all the little princesses and knights. The girls had little wands, mini crown hair barrettes, and princess party hats (dressed up party hats with tulle coming out the top) at their seats while the boys had a knight helmet as their party hat.


After they gobbled down some fanciful food, it was time to sing Happy Birthday! to the Birthday Princess!

Funny story...I ordered the WRONG cake! This is the Ribbon Cake from Raspberries and Creme, but I thought it was a "ribbon cake" that was going to look more like this. It turned out fine, and come to find out, I (completely unknowingly) ordered one of the most desired cakes in Oklahoma City! The Birthday Princess thought it was beautiful, which is all that really matters!

 
  
 
(I realized, after the fact, that Aubrey had tried to put one of the mini crown barrettes in her hair! haha!)
The kids ate the Bibbibity Bobbity Bon Bon Wands as their dessert and the adults enjoyed the cake. Then, while everyone finished up their sweet treat, the kids had fun coloring and playing in the party castle!


By the way, you'll notice the towers on the coloring castle are the same towers on the dessert table. Aubrey has one of the color castles at home, and I just painted the towers from that one to match the party.



Since the party was from 6:30 to 8 p.m., the guests were going to be leaving in the dark, so the party favors were glow in the dark wands for the princesses and glow in the dark swords for the knights! (I also put lots of the treats from the party in the bags too!). After playing a few extra minutes in the gym, they each grabbed their goodie bag, hopped into their carriages, and lived happily ever after.


And...(phew!)...the party was over!

I think someone was under the impression the party wasn't over until the stroke of midnight...

Happy Birthday, Princess (or Knight?!) Aubrey!
It was so much fun celebrating you and making your birthday wishes come true!



___________________________________________________________________________

*A BIG THANK YOU to my dear, sweet friend Jennifer who captured most of the photos in this post (See Jennifer, I'm even including the sneaky shot you took. Ha!) and who helped me get everything done with only 15 minutes of allotted party set-up time!


11 comments:

  1. Yay! Another successful and beautiful party. What a lucky little princess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a party!! Everything was beautiful and looked so yummy :) I know the Princess had a wonderfully fabulous time! The second picture of her in front of her cake, where she is looking at the lit candles........looks JUST.LIKE.YOU.
    I mean really!!

    Hugs........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - found your blog via Google images while searching for a princess gymnastics theme. Would you please share where you got her gorgeous leotard with tutu? Your party details are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra!
      Thank you for your kind comment. Here is the link to the tutu I ordered: http://www.dimplesanddandelions.com/product_details.asp?Product_ID=64189

      By the way, I can't help but notice your picture...We are at the final stages of bringing home our daughter from China!

      Feel free to email me (ashleyriherd(at)gmail.com if you have any other questions!

      Delete
  4. Just found this while searching through Google images and I LOVE it!! My daughter is having a Cinderella party for her 5th. Everything you made is beautiful...especially the poem about being a princess of God. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you make all the decorations or did you order them? Also can you tell me what kind of candies you had? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nelle! Can you email me at ashleyriherd(at)gmail(dot)com? I'd love to send you more information!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful! Nice twist on the classic Cinderella theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved seeing your post while searching the internet for my daughter's upcoming princess gymnastics party. You did an amazing job! Did you make or buy the decorations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Laurie! If you don't mind, send me an email, and I'll write you back with all the party details. :)
      ashleyriherd(at)gmail(dot)com

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.